Search Order

Assuming that we drop versioning, ambiguity comes from three sources: (1) multiple search paths, (2) IMP.sls extensions, and (3) implicit main naming convention.

I think the SRFI should just say that search paths are searched in order, and within each search path, IMP.sls is chosen over generic libraries. The SRFI should leave (3) unspecified and leave it up to the users not to have both "foo/bar.sls" and "foo/bar/main.sls" in their directory structure (having both serve no purpose anyways).

So, I (as a user) should be consistent of whether to use "main" or not for a library file. If I choose it, then I name my files:
  foo/bar/main.sls
  foo/bar/main.ikarus.sls
and if not, then I should use:
  foo/bar.sls
  foo/bar.ikarus.sls

In no way should I name my libraries like:
  foo/bar/main.sls
  foo/bar.ikarus.sls
or
  foo/bar/main.ikarus.sls
  foo/bar.sls

I think this simplifies both the specification and the implementation at the minimal cost of leaving the anomalous case unspecified.

Aziz,,,