Re: Proposal: conversion functions

Taylor R Campbell wrote:
   Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 17:09:48 -0400
   From: David Van Horn <dvanhorn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Here is a proposal for converting between representation of pairs and lists.

I think the names PAIR->PAIR and LIST->LIST are very confusing.  Also,
both directions are necessary.  How about using more descriptive, if
more verbose names, such as SEQUENTIAL-LIST->RANDOM-ACCESS-LIST or
LINEAR-LIST->RANDOM-ACCESS-LIST?  Also, are the pair-only operations
useful?

As proposed, they do go both directions. I suspect the pair only operation is not useful, but I'm not sure. I will punt on that one for now. As for names, I like list->list; it's suggestive of it potentially being an identity operation, but I'd like to hear what others think.

David