Re: complexity of mechanism

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 89 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 89 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

felix winkelmann scripsit:

> What about:
>
> (message-box <title> <prompt> [<config-object>]) ?
>
> Configuration-objects could be composed, inherited,
> modified by accessors, whatever. I claim such an interface is
> cleaner, possibly less verbose and likely to be more efficient.

And you have the rest of the field behind you, which has long ago
abandoned zillions-of-arguments designs in favor of:

	(let ((m (make-message-box)))
	  (message-box-title-set! m <title>)
	  (message-box-prompt-set! m <prompt)
	  (message-box-bgcolor-set! m <color>)
	  (message-box-show m))

except less verbosely, thanks to pervasive inclusion polymorphism.

--
John Cowan    cowan@ccil.org    http://ccil.org/~cowan
        Sound change operates regularly to produce irregularities;