Re: complexity of mechanism

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 89 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 89 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

On Apr 13, felix winkelmann wrote:

> Whether you use roll-your-own keywords by taking symbol/value pairs,
> or whether you wrap up arguments in a data-structure - there _are_
> ways to handle the problem of complex argument lists, and that don't
> require you to fix every call-site (please avoid redundant arguments
> in which situation what is to be preferred - I'm sure you get the
> gist of what I'm saying).

(I'm almost tempted to ask for such ways, but after hashing this for
way too many times I know what to expect.)

> [...]  It's just to easy to put a keyword-enabled interface onto
> everything.  [...]

and that's a very good argument for this srfi.