Re: Issues with Unicode

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 75 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 75 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Taylor R. Campbell scripsit:

>            String-set! returns a string whose elements the same (in the
>            sense of eqv?) as those in STRING, with the exception of element
>            K, which is instead the same as CHAR.  String-set! may or may
>            not return a string which is the same as STRING, but must not
>            side-effect STRING.
>
> (I think you probably meant to strike the exclamation mark from the
> name.)

Yes.  Alternatively, the ! could be kept in the sense of SRFI-1, and then
the "must not" would be changed to "may or may not".  This would provide
immutable strings as an implementation option.

--
Mos Eisley spaceport.  You will never           John Cowan
see a more wretched hive of scum and            cowan@xxxxxxxx