Re: Here strings?

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 75 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 75 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Aubrey Jaffer scripsit:

> SRFI-75 is the first time I have encountered "Here strings".
> How do they differ from literal string constants?

The opening quote is "<<", followed by a sequence of non-newlines (called
the *key*), followed by a newline.  The closing quote is a newline,
followed by the same key, followed by a newline.  No character between
these quotes has special meaning.

EIDITORIAL NOTE:  The text as written permits a zero-length key.
I suggest that this be explicitly disallowed.

--
Is not a patron, my Lord [Chesterfield],        John Cowan
one who looks with unconcern on a man           http://www.ccil.org/~cowan