Re: explicit quoting/unquoting of strings

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 75 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 75 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

If Scheme had a standard notion of string ports, then except for the
state part, these conversions could be implemented easily with string
ports, `write', and `read'. (For the state part of `string-unquote',
it seems like you really want a stream and `read', anyway.)

My personal opinion --- which, as always, not an opinion from the
editors --- is that string ports should be added to Scheme, and
functions like this should be left to another library.

Matthew