Re: SRFI 121: Generators

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 121 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 121 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Per Bothner scripsit:

> However, I'm scared of adding yet another library with dozens of procedures.

Because there's no separate underlying data structure, it's not expensive
from the implementation point of view -- most systems probably won't be
able to improve on the portable implementation.  Conceptually, of course,
there's a cost, but not if you don't look at it!

> I would rather we work to standardize some kind of loop library.

I expect that something in the nature of foof-loop or SRFI 42 will serve
this role.

> So I think this API should go on the back-burner, and we should instead
> focus on a looping API - keeping generators as part of the latter.

Writing up foof-loop would be very useful.

--
John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        cowan@xxxxxxxx
All Gaul is divided into three parts: the part that cooks with lard and goose