Re: SRFI 121: Generators

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 121 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 121 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Arthur A. Gleckler scripsit:

> One suggestion: in the Rationale section, explain why it's a good idea to
> provide generators in Scheme since they're so similar to streams.  It would
> be especially good to list specific use cases in which code is more easily
> expressed as generators than as streams, or in which generator-based code
> is more efficient than streams-based code.  This will be especially helpful
> for people new to Scheme.

I'd love to do that, but I'm not sure what to say.  Hopefully someone else
can figure out some ideas, and I can pull together some appropriate prose.

I'd also like close reviews of this SRFI, with particular regard to what
procedures should be excluded or included.  I feel like this proposal is
groping in the dark.

--
John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        cowan@xxxxxxxx
An observable characteristic is not necessarily a functional requirement.