Re: Off-topic, but relevant

On Wed, 2008-10-22 at 21:41 -0500, Phil Bewig wrote:
> I know this is off-topic, but it may be relevant to the discussion.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions about naming conventions for
> libraries that aren't SRFIs but are intended for public distribution?
> For instance, there is more than one publicly-available library that
> performs pattern-matching on lists.  How should the competing
> libraries be named?  Who decides?

Entities/organizations can claim a top-level library namespace to avoid
library name clashes, e.g. I've claimed (xitomatl ---), and users can
use R6RS's import excluding and/or renaming facilities to deal with
identifier conflicts.  E.g.:

        (import
          (prefix (xitomatl match) x:)
          (prefix (Phil-Bewig match) pb:))