Re: Broken naming convention

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 97 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 97 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Taylor R Campbell wrote:
   Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 14:04:09 -0400
   From: William D Clinger <will@xxxxxxxxxxx>

   If the R6RS community insists upon pedantic conformance,
   then we should adopt the suggestion made by Olin Shivers
   (personal communication): use Roman numerals.

Uppercase or lowercase roman numerals?  (Or is it `Roman numerals'?
or `Roman Numerals'?)

As I was sitting there when Olin made this suggestion to Will, I'm pretty sure it was made in jest (and Taylor's comments seem inline with that sentiment).

But if folks are seriously disturbed by the `(srfi N ...)' convention, I am willing to hear out alternatives. This SRFI is of little use if each R6RS implementor will go on to support some other naming convention. So far, only Aziz has registered a dissenting opinion. If some other reasonable convention can be agreed upon, I'm happy to oblige.

David
DIES LUNAE KAL. APR. MMDCCXLI A.U.C.