means to disable tests

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 78 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 78 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

I'm fond of single-file libraries, and like to embed test cases within
the libraries, with a simple way of disabling the test suite when the
library is deployed (to free up some resources).

Do you see SRFI-78 as addressing those needs?

I've been using Testeez ("http://www.neilvandyke.org/testeez/";) and the
edit-the-source-file kludge for enabling/disabling the tests.

A related question is how SRFI-78 works in the context of a forthcoming
standard module system.  I think most of the design work for a unit
testing framework is in addressing practical usage questions like these.