Re: fixnumXXX and fxXXX names, and other things

William D Clinger scripsit:

> Having made that decision, I find it less confusing
> to use the appropriate prefix consistently than to
> mix prefixes.  Indeed, I find it hard to remember
> which pairs of primitives behave exactly the same,
> as the differences that do exist are often subtle.
> If I use the same prefix consistently, however, I
> know the operations I use will behave consistently.

I agree with all these points; however, I also agree that
the existing "fixnum" and "fx" prefixes are un-mnemonic
and too easily confused.

--
Some people open all the Windows;       John Cowan
wise wives welcome the spring           cowan@xxxxxxxx