Re: Integer residue-classes

William D Clinger <will@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Oops again.  I made another mistake, of a more fundamental
> nature, in my proposed definitions of div, mod, quo, and rem.
> Here are the corrected definitions:

I have two purely informational questions at this point:

- Is there any particular reason for the naming---i.e. why DIV and QUO
  are named DIV and QUO and not QUO and DIV?  Do these go back to some
  convention?

- Are you suggesting replacing QUOTIENT/REMAINDER/MODULO by
  DIV/MOD/QUO/REM or merely adding them?

--
Cheers =8-} Mike