Re: arithmetic issues

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 77 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 77 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk wrote:
Alan Watson <a.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

By "library", I do *not* mean "a body of code implemented in Scheme".
I mean "a set of procedures that can be exposed or not".

Various kinds of numbers typically don't correspond to a separate set
of procedures, but to augmenting the behavior of existing procedures
and understanding some kinds of literals, both of which are hard to do
from a library.

Yes, and when you import a library that defines a certain set of numbers you must modify read and write appropriately. This is not a big deal, especially when the library is supplied by the implementation and can use "magic" not available to programmers.

Regards,

Alan
--
Dr Alan Watson