Re: arithmetic issues

Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk wrote:
Alan Watson <a.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

By "library", I do *not* mean "a body of code implemented in Scheme".
I mean "a set of procedures that can be exposed or not".

Various kinds of numbers typically don't correspond to a separate set
of procedures, but to augmenting the behavior of existing procedures
and understanding some kinds of literals, both of which are hard to do
from a library.

Yes, and when you import a library that defines a certain set of numbers you must modify read and write appropriately. This is not a big deal, especially when the library is supplied by the implementation and can use "magic" not available to programmers.

Regards,

Alan
--
Dr Alan Watson