Re: SRFI withdrawn; comments on the possible future

Jorgen Schaefer scripsit:

> If #\newline is considered to be some kind of abstraction of the
> end-of-line character sequence, please remember that Unicode
> defines U+2028 LINE SEPARATOR and U+2029 PARAGRAPH SEPARATOR as
> canonical new line code points, to finally get rid of all these
> distinctions.

Paragraph separator is not a newline.

Unicode now says that CR, LF, CR+LF, NL (U+0085), and LS (U+2028) should
be treated identically on input and it should be selectable which one
to generate on output.

--
Do I contradict myself?                         John Cowan
Very well then, I contradict myself.            cowan@xxxxxxxx