Re: Surrogates and character representation

William D Clinger wrote:
What [Alex Shinn] really meant
was that the C code would remain unchanged while the data
was changed from UCS-4 to UTF-8, or something like that.)

Did you mean to write "while the data was changed from
Latin-1 to UTF-8"?  That seems to make more sense to me.

 > > As Per Bothner agreed, that can degrade the asympototic
 > > complexity of the algorithm from O(n/m) to O(n).
 >
 > I did?

No, you didn't.  I misunderstood someone else's post; on top
of that, I saw your name in the cc: field and thought it was
the from: field.  Sorry.

I've done similar things.  Another reason to trim down the "cc" list ...
--
	--Per Bothner