Re: Surrogates and character representation

> This is a plausible design.  If you are willing to pay more time to
> save some more space, you could have multiple flavors of single-byte
> strings based on SCSU dynamic windows.

Thanks. Something like that had occurred to me but I hadn't gotten
around to looking that far into it.

One thing I've discovered coding this in /C/ is that it's a
problem that just screams out for nice macros and I'm not
entirely happy with what I've got using /CPP/ (:-) so far.
Perhaps when the next pass on revising the code comes along....

-t