Re: forcing delimiters after escapes in quoted strings

At Tue, 12 Jul 2005 08:29:28 -0700, Ray Blaak wrote:
> Also, shouldn't these be parse errors?
>
>   #\x ff      ; Unicode 120 followed by ff
>   #\x(ff)     ; Unicode 120 followed by a parenthesized ff

No, #\x still represents the lowercase letter "x".

Maybe it's confusing that the example has two S-expressions instead of
one, so I've adjusted the wording as follows:

  #\x ff      ; Unicode 120 followed by another datum, ff
  #\x(ff)     ; Unicode 120 followed by another datum, a parenthesized ff

Matthew