Re: case mappings

On 7/13/05, Michael Sperber <sperber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I don't know what you think will become trivial.  Not much I can think
> of.  Even implementing the UnicodeDate.txt case mappings is not
> trivial to do efficiently---which is why we'll provide a reference
> implementation for those pretty soon.

There's already a publicly available implementation handling
the full locale-aware Unicode casing, in both Chicken and Gauche.

For those who want to try it out, install Chicken scheme, install
the utf8 module

  # chicken-setup utf8

start Chicken:

  # csi -syntax
  > (use utf8)
  > (import utf8)
  > (use case-map)

and then you have access to the "upcase," "downcase," and
"titlecase" procedures which take a string as the first argument
and optional locale-string as the second argument.

--
Alex