Re: loss of abstraction

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005, Michael Sperber wrote:

I want to change the representation ot carry location
information, possibly to record if parens or brackets were used,
possibly whether dots appeared in the source code, possibly comments,
and probably all kinds of other stuff in the future.

Should I be able to write Scheme code whose meaning depends on page layout, dots, whitespace, or comments? I don't think I ever should. The syntax-as-lists abstraction has the decided advantage of protecting me against these things, which are generally regarded as wrong in the Lisp/Scheme community.

Cheers
Andre