Re: closing reader / writer

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 68 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 68 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Shiro Kawai <shiro@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> If the 'close' procedure can be called from finalizers, it is possible
> that the 'close' procedure is called while the constructor is running
> to create another reader.  So a race condition on the access to
> the resouce pool can happen.

But if this breaks the creation of new readers, surely there's an API
violation in progress?  It seems we agree on the kinds of situations
we'd like to prevent, but I'm not sure how the current spec doesn't do
this, or how to tighten the screws appropriately.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike