Re: If you like "u8vector" ...

Per Bothner <per@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I'm afraid I'm not sure I understand the distinction between input-bytes
> and input-bytes-all:  the spec says input-bytes-all may block
> indefinitely on streams connected to interactive readers, but doesn't
> say that about input-bytes - is that an oversight?

No, but the wording could probably be clearer.  I'll try to do better
with the next revision.

The idea is that INPUT-BYTES returns data as soon as it is available.
(I.e., the first chunk it gets from READER-READ-BYTES, if it hasn't
already buffered some data.)  This means that a stream connected to an
interactive reader will return data as soon as it is available.

INPUT-BYTES-ALL looks for an EOF marker, which, with an interactive
reader, might never arrive.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike