Re: On optional arguments

bear wrote:
For what it's worth, I do not believe that optional arguments
should ever be at the beginning in a scheme function call.
That's one of the things that the language doesn't naturally
do, and having it happen for one or a few functions creates
glaring exceptions that have to be memorized.

As far as I can tell, "the language" doesn't naturally do optional arguments very well at all. R5RS has no facilities for it except taking apart a list, and the difference between handling optional arguments at the end rather than at the beginning is minor.
--
	--Per Bothner