Re: default ordering of vectors

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 67 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 67 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

On Fri, Jul 22, 2005 at 05:32:30PM +0200, Sebastian Egner wrote:
> The question is what the default ordering of vectors is supposed to be
> for this SRFI. There are two candidates: 'lexicographic ordering' (LEX)
> and 'first by length then lexicographically' (LENGTH-LEX).

I don't find this the world's most important issue, but if we can do
with one ordering only (and that would definitely be lexicographical
ordering), we should pick that.

Even if vectors of different dimensionalities are "naturally" ordered by
dimensionality first, I can't think of a situation where that helps any.

Panu