Re: nested comments (please correct lexical scope)

Paul Schlie wrote:
> r5rs seems to imply in all examples, no <white-space> being allowed
> between the quote abbreviation and it's target <s-exp>; which makes
> sense to me as it visually and lexically binds the reader action with
> it's target <s-exp>, as opposed to allowing something like:

According to R5RS 7.1.1, "Lexical Structure":

    <Intertoken space> may occur on either side of any token, but not
    within a token.

    <intertoken space> --> <atmosphere>*

Since the quote mark is a token, intertoken space (i.e., whitespace and
comments) may appear on either side of it.
--
Bradd W. Szonye
http://www.szonye.com/bradd