[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
An updated version of SRFI-57 will soon be available on the site. I have
made the following changes:
* The syntax is now backwards compatible with SRFI-9, and
supports new useful variations.
* I have cleaned up the specification a bit, and added
some more explanation and rationale.
* Some operations have been renamed, e.g. update is now
* The reference implementation has been simplified somewhat.
* I have dropped pattern matching. A separate SRFI on this
will hopefully follow soon.
* I have dropped introspection/generic operations on records.
While I realize that this is useful, and have received some
very good suggestions both online and privately, I think the
design space is too large to come to a reasonable consensus
in a reasonable time. I would invite anyone who is interested
to submit a separate SRFI for this later...