Re: strings draft

Tom Lord <lord@xxxxxxx> writes:

>     > This is inconsistent with best Unicode practice, thanks to the
>     > "Turkish I Problem".
>
> Actually, I _think_ it works out fine.  Please see the corresponding
> threads on comp.lang.scheme.

My understanding is that the c.l.s idea is simply to use the generic
Unicode case mapping functions.

I do not object to a Scheme that chooses to do this.  But your draft
seems to exclude a Scheme that does *best* Unicode practice, which is
not to shove any details under the rug.

If I have misunderstood, can you please point to something more
specific for me to read (or reproduce the relevant arguments here)?

Thomas