Re: when GC is permitted

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 50 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 50 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

>> From: Michael Sperber <sperber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

>> Again, I referred to lots of code that *already* is written for
>> a SRFI-50-style FFI, and that would need to be rewritten anyway
>> for a JNI- or Pika-style FFI.

Tom> Putting aside forensics of the exchange that led to that -- it leaves
Tom> me with a question:

Tom> What is this "lots of code"?   Can we identify and quantify it?

Off the top of my head, from my most immediate environment:

- most of scsh
- bindings for ODBC (also for scsh)
- bindings for NIS and LDAP (also for scsh)
- the bindings which come with Elk (I believe that includes Xlib, Xt,
  and Motif, among other assorted stuff)

I don't know how close the stuff written for PLT 3m is, and how much
there is of it.

I also suspect that some stuff written for O'Caml (which also has a
SRFI-50-style FFI) could be adapted pretty easily.  I don't have a
list handy, but there's quite a lot of stuff there.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike