Re: no constants please

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 50 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 50 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

    > From: Richard Kelsey <kelsey@xxxxxxx>

    >    Look, the problem here is easy:

    >    1) Your SRFI demonstrably loses on certain kinds of implementations;
    >    2) There is a minor change which will make it not lose.

    >    Why on earth not prefer number (2)????

    > Clue me in.  What is the minor change?  A lot of different
    > suggestions have been made.

I thought it was two suggestions: JNI/minor-style calling conventions
and Pika-style.  And I thought that there was a rough concensus, so to
speak, that JNI/minor-style weren't the right thing for the FFI and
that the only remaining issue blocking consensus on Pika style is
aesthetics of syntax.

-t