Re: Another alternative (Re: format strings are the Right Thing)

On Wednesday 31 December 2003 02:48 am, Taylor Campbell wrote:
>let me state that the formatting _output_ is about strings ...

But one possible Scheme area is embedded systems (e.g. BIT, Scheme48 on mobile
robots). Think of embedded systems where scheme-in-a-door-knob is outputting
to LEDs in the door.  I don't want many strings build in a cost-sensitive 64K
EPROM + small RAM.  I may really, really want to generate output a character
at a time.

Cheers,
-KenD