Re: Another alternative (Re: format strings are the Right Thing)

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 48 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 48 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

On Wednesday 31 December 2003 02:48 am, Taylor Campbell wrote:
>let me state that the formatting _output_ is about strings ...

But one possible Scheme area is embedded systems (e.g. BIT, Scheme48 on mobile
robots). Think of embedded systems where scheme-in-a-door-knob is outputting
to LEDs in the door.  I don't want many strings build in a cost-sensitive 64K
EPROM + small RAM.  I may really, really want to generate output a character
at a time.

Cheers,
-KenD