RE: Reasons for withdrawal

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 44 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 44 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Bradd W. Szonye wrote:
> > It wasn't intended as a compromise - it's an observation about what I
> > think is right.  I'm not suggesting that the draft period be extended
> > indefinitely, only that the situation be dealt with fairly.  I don't
> > accept that this undermines the process.
>
> Understood, and agreed. I wasn't trying to put pressure on the author,
> but I can see how it came across that way.

Thanks for the explanations you've given of where you're coming from, it
helps (for me, anyway).

> Mainly, I'm a bit flustered, because I keep getting challenged
> to back up criticisms, even after explaining them in detail.

I think a much better job of explaining these has been done now, than
originally, where the issues would have had to be pieced together from a
bunch of messages (both yours and others).

> I do this kind of stuff for a living, and in
> my ten years of experience as a reviewer, I've *never*
> seen an author get so defensive during a review.

Have you ever done a code review with someone you don't know, through email
only, with deadline pressure?  :)  I agree it's not an ideal situation.

Anton