RE: Reasons for withdrawal

Bradd W. Szonye wrote:
> > It wasn't intended as a compromise - it's an observation about what I
> > think is right.  I'm not suggesting that the draft period be extended
> > indefinitely, only that the situation be dealt with fairly.  I don't
> > accept that this undermines the process.
>
> Understood, and agreed. I wasn't trying to put pressure on the author,
> but I can see how it came across that way.

Thanks for the explanations you've given of where you're coming from, it
helps (for me, anyway).

> Mainly, I'm a bit flustered, because I keep getting challenged
> to back up criticisms, even after explaining them in detail.

I think a much better job of explaining these has been done now, than
originally, where the issues would have had to be pieced together from a
bunch of messages (both yours and others).

> I do this kind of stuff for a living, and in
> my ten years of experience as a reviewer, I've *never*
> seen an author get so defensive during a review.

Have you ever done a code review with someone you don't know, through email
only, with deadline pressure?  :)  I agree it's not an ideal situation.

Anton