Re: Reasons for withdrawal

Anton van Straaten wrote:
> Have you ever done a code review with someone you don't know, through
> email only, with deadline pressure?  :)  I agree it's not an ideal
> situation.

You forgot "with an author who doesn't know who you are or what your
credentials are." Yeah, it's far from ideal. I have formal training and
lots of experience both as a reviewer and a review moderator, which
teaches you how to criticize the code rather than the author (among
other things), but in e-mail it's still easy for the author to see
criticism as a personal attack rather than as advice.
--
Bradd W. Szonye
http://www.szonye.com/bradd