Re: Reasons for withdrawal

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 44 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 44 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Anton van Straaten wrote:
> Have you ever done a code review with someone you don't know, through
> email only, with deadline pressure?  :)  I agree it's not an ideal
> situation.

You forgot "with an author who doesn't know who you are or what your
credentials are." Yeah, it's far from ideal. I have formal training and
lots of experience both as a reviewer and a review moderator, which
teaches you how to criticize the code rather than the author (among
other things), but in e-mail it's still easy for the author to see
criticism as a personal attack rather than as advice.
--
Bradd W. Szonye
http://www.szonye.com/bradd