Re: ITERATOR-REMOVE-VALUE!, *-DELETE!

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 44 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 44 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 06:15:38PM -0400, Taylor Campbell wrote:

> On Tuesday, April 29, 2003, at 05:40 PM, scgmille@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> wrote:
> >
> >Delete to me at least implies both removal of the value and the storage
> >it occupied.  Remove only implies the removal of the value, hence the
> >choice of remove.
>
> I think neither 'delete' nor 'remove' imply either one, just a general
> 'get rid
> of this somehow.'

I'm speaking from experience outside of Scheme and SRFIs.  I'd like to
hear some other opinions on this though.

> >I'm not quite sure what you mean wrt predicate arguments.  Do you mean
> >the list functions that check a value against a predicate before
> >removing?  I would argue that they are vaguely named. :)
>
> Can you come up with a better naming convention?
list-remove-if would be better.  Remove is an unconditional operation by
itself.

	Scott