Re: ITERATOR-REMOVE-VALUE!, *-DELETE!

On Tuesday, April 29, 2003, at 05:40 PM, scgmille@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Delete to me at least implies both removal of the value and the storage
it occupied.  Remove only implies the removal of the value, hence the
choice of remove.

I think neither 'delete' nor 'remove' imply either one, just a general 'get rid
of this somehow.'

I'm not quite sure what you mean wrt predicate arguments.  Do you mean
the list functions that check a value against a predicate before
removing?  I would argue that they are vaguely named. :)

Can you come up with a better naming convention?

Since neither one is more specific in either direction, and the naming
convention of DELETE -> compare element to value, REMOVE -> apply predicate to element has already been used in SRFIs 1, 13, 14, and 43, I would prefer to keep
the convention.

	Scott

<mime-attachment>