Re: is that useful?

WP> The sense of my previous message is: IMHO, SRFI-26 is not general
WP> enough and introduces a negligible improvement over standard
WP> Scheme.

I did a quick grep and subsequent analysis of all calls to MAP and
FOR-EACH in the current development version of Lula, which is about
15000 lines of code.  There are more than 80 partial calls to MAP and
FOR-EACH which take abstraction operands which are merely specialized
calls to other procedures.  All of them fit the pattern of SRFI 26.
On every one of them, I wanted to use something like SRFI 26 while I
was writing the code.  I conjecture there is still a number of other
calls which would benefit from SRFI 26.

So this particular application would benefit from SRFI 26 roughly
every 200 lines of code.  I don't think that's too bad.

--
Cheers =8-} M.