Re: is that useful?

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 26 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 26 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

sebastian.egner@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
 > What do you use in practice?

I don't use anything of the so far proposed code:

    (defun lisp-insert-lambda ()
      "Insert lambda form at point asking for parameters."
      (interactive)
      (insert "(lambda (" (read-string "Variables: ") ") ")
      (save-excursion (insert ")")))

    (add-hook 'scheme-mode-hook
	      #'(lambda ()
		  (local-set-key "\C-cl" 'lisp-insert-lambda)))

It's a "complete" backward-compatible solution that doesn't resort to
special extensions of the language.  For single argument functions the
resulting code is not as readable as the [] notation, but IMHO is
better than any coriander based recipe.

The sense of my previous message is: IMHO, SRFI-26 is not general
enough and introduces a negligible improvement over standard Scheme.

--
walter pelissero
http://www.pelissero.org