Re: Should SRFI-115 character sets match extended grapheme clusters?

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 11:35 AM, Alex Shinn <alexshinn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[...]  Even simple mappings of large Unicode
char-sets can be expensive to compute (until the ref impl optimized
known case-insensitive char-sets I believe (w/nocase letter) took
over a minute to iterate over all 10k+ Letter code-points, look up all
their case variants an insert them into a new set).

I exaggerate - it's more like 3 seconds for 100k+ code points,
in an Scheme optimized for space over speed, using a char-set
lib optimized for space over speed.  That's still slow enough to
be a concern.

--
Alex