Re: New release of SRFI 114 with implementation

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 114 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 114 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Arthur A. Gleckler scripsit:

> My only question is about the decision to make
> comparison of NaNs have meaning in make-inexact-real-comparator.  I don't
> have much experience with NaNs, but it seems risky to give meaning to
> comparing them.

You have a point, and SRFI 67 leaves them implementation-defined altogether.
Still, with them being at least semi-standardized in R6RS and R7RS,
I thought there should be some way, if you know you are dealing with
inexact numbers, to recover from the situation by supplying your own
NaN handler.  That allows you to put arbitrary inexact numbers into a collection
such as a set or hash table.

--
John Cowan              http://www.ccil.org/~cowan      cowan@xxxxxxxx
"After all, would you consider a man without honor wealthy, even if his