New release of SRFI 114 with implementation

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 114 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 114 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

I finally finished writing the sample implementation of SRFI 114,
Comparators, with the exception of the tests.  I have informally tested
it, but of course that's not a real substitute.

I've also made a new version of the SRFI itself.  Most of the changes
are editorial, including a substantial reordering of the procedures
to minimize forward references.  Among the few new facilities are the
ability to ask a comparator whether it implements comparison procedures
or hash functions or both.

The SRFI is temporarily at <http://ccil.org/~cowan/temp/srfi-114.html>;
the tarball is at <http://ccil.org/~cowan/temp/comparators.tar.gz>.
SRFI editors, please migrate them to their proper places.

Everyone: please review.  I plan to recommend that WG2 make this a
*mandatory* part of R7RS-large, because there will be many other
container SRFIs (sets, hash tables, etc.) that depend on it.

--
Man has no body distinct from his soul,              John Cowan
for that called body is a portion of the soul        cowan@xxxxxxxx