Re: Open issues for SRFI 113

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 113 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 113 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Kevin Wortman scripsit:

> If the "delete x from A" operation invalidates the "for each element x"
> cursor then you're out of luck.

And yet my implementation of sets actually does this!  Oops.  Well, the
implementation needs a massive update anyway.

> Then again, insisting that live cursors stay valid is a heavy
> implementation burden that adds a lot of complexity and effectively
> prohibits some data structures.

Exactly so.

--
John Cowan  cowan@xxxxxxxx  http://ccil.org/~cowan
Female celebrity stalker, on a hot morning in Cairo: