Re: SRFI-110 updated (version 2013/08/07)!! Are we done??

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 110 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 110 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

On Mon, 19 Aug 2013 03:05:02 -0400, Mark H Weaver <mhw@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I finally took a look at the new spec, and it's definitely much clearer
> than before.  At this point, I have no major complaints with how you've
> expressed the grammar.  Thanks for working so hard to make it so.
> Thanks also for making datum comments usable as intended when used with
> sweet expressions.

You're welcome!  Thanks for your comments.

> ... I'm sorry to say that I find most
> of your nontrivial examples neither clear nor aesthetically pleasing,
> especially where SUBLIST and/or GROUP are used in clever ways to make
> the code more compact.

Which part are you referring to?
We can change examples!!

> For Guile, what I'd like to do is to provide the needed hooks and
> extension points in our core reader, so that both wisp and SRFI-110
> (if you choose to finalize it) can be supported without having to
> reimplement the entire reader from scratch.

That's *awesome*.  Thanks so much!
I look forward to that.

--- David A. Wheeler