Re: Change: MUST support block comment "#|...|#" and datum comment "#; datum"

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 110 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 110 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

On Tue, 13 Aug 2013 17:14:10 -0400, John Cowan <cowan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm not a fan of this term.  What about "polyglot" instead?  (A document
> which is both valid HTML and well-formed XML and has the same meaning
> in both interpretations is called "polyglot HTML".)

Reusing a term from elsewhere is appealing, but the term "polyglot" itself
is probably mysterious to most people.  And is being "polyglot" a
*good* thing, or a *bad* thing?  That's not obvious either.

I'm guessing one concern is that "well-formatted" sounds too much
like "well-formed", which is different.  If that's the concern, fair enough.

So... let's define both "nicely-formatted" and "polyglot",
as synonyms.  Then people can use whichever term they want. E.G.:

s-expression is an expression interpreted
identically by both traditional s-expressions and by sweet-expressions.
A nicely-formatted file is a file interpreted identically
by both traditional s-expressions and sweet-expressions.

I've modified the SRFI-110 draft this way in the git repo, so
we can see what it looks like.

--- David A. Wheeler