Re: Proposed grammar change: forbid lines with >1 n-expr that end with "."

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 110 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 110 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

David A. Wheeler scripsit:

> Currently, in sweet-expressions, if a line has more than one neoteric-expression
> and the last expression is ".", the "." is interpreted as the symbol
> whose spelling is the single character ".".  E.G.:
> quote .
> => (quote |.|)
>
> I propose making this an error instead, to improve error detection.

Very much +1.  A misplaced single dot ought to be an error.

--
That you can cover for the plentiful            John Cowan
and often gaping errors, misconstruals,         http://www.ccil.org/~cowan