[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: spaces and tabs confused?
This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 110 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 110 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.
- To: David Vanderson <david.vanderson@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: spaces and tabs confused?
- From: Alan Manuel Gloria <almkglor@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 3 May 2013 10:01:56 +0800
- Cc: srfi-110 <srfi-110@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Delivered-to: srfi-110@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:x-received:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id :subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=R/Ru6tVmbGtoxkQv9FF/5rlnPs2uqtfwu7jXd3uSLM8=; b=HAhh1lPtvPXvOWZ6VwmB4p8ePKtqIKfpSJzEyfGnd/IrDbcwSrJfbsN1mNDtwR/fxZ vj/jf1TIlHwy2SA5tZjCCw067xZnaTD9/PpbdLcwSSSOjoA+qo9YYCIyQDyAvTS0CJ+8 L8v6IUcr45QlDhXCnsyFklFT9I41IwFkVrXExr1aUBiI/AeJ12Ov6od3NrtptGZo9htj sG1yjSXKOjb93uTrBCflS2zBkYbRmsnQi2QzAw3iW3dJH24YJkKbC1wMT/scQc3O2nLa kmLzcIm4xNuQfX635iCxn297WP8joHNmH16kj3plyGj92I8Gookgl7Ysd41R1ktiC2Us AIxg==
- In-reply-to: <51830CB0.4090505@xxxxxxxxx>
- References: <E1UXWxX-0000M1-9q@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <51830CB0.4090505@xxxxxxxxx>
Yes, it would be an error, and yes, difficult to understand. Possibly an implementation would give a better error message than "syntax error", preferably something along the lines of "inconsistent indent. Indent at line X was <tab><space><space>, next line is <space><space><tab>" (i.e. display the error using "<tab>" instead of "\t"), and possibly (if on a terminal) highlight the first nonmatching character especially on deep indentations.