spaces and tabs confused?

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 110 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 110 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

For example, if your editor had a tab-width of 2:

[tab][space][space]define foo()
[space][space][tab]  "bar"

My reading of the spec says this would be an error, but it would be especially difficult to understand, because there's no visual difference. Am I missing something, or has this already been discussed elsewhere?

Thanks,
Dave