Re: Final comments, mostly editorial

On 12/07/2013 11:24 AM, John Cowan wrote:
Per Bothner scripsit (reordered):

Still mulling how to handle "]]>".

Perhaps a warning is a reasonable compromise.  In the SRFI, perhaps
we could add:

The XML and HTML standards (up through HTML 4.x) do not allow the
literal text
"]]> in element content - instead it should be escaped as in "]]>".
This is for historical reasons of SGML-compatibility.
An implementation SHOULD warn if literal "]]>" is seen.

Strengthen this to "MUST warn" and I can live with it, though I would
still prefer to make it an error.

I don't think it is possible to require warnings in a Scheme specification.
Consider a program calling read then eval.  There is no place for warnings
to be displayed.
--
	--Per Bothner