Re: Last call

On 06/29/2013 11:53 PM, Takashi Kato wrote:
Hi all,

Is SRFI 106 good enough to be final? If you have any comment, please
speak up now.

Sorry I haven't had a chance to look deeply at it.
But when I took a look one fatal problem leaped out at me:

socket-port returns a "fresh binary input/output port".

What is a binary input/output port?  There is no such thing in R7RS.
What you're talking about is a *pair* of ports: A binary input port
and a binary output port.  These are separate (disconnected) streams
of bytes.

I'm not talking ideal/clean design here.  The Java Socket class has
two separate methods: getInputStream and getOutputStream.  Kawa I/O
builds on Java I/O, which does not have "input/output streams".
There is no clean simple way to implement socket-port in Kawa,
and I have no plan to contort Kawa I/O to deal with this.
--
	--Per Bothner