Re: a counter proposal

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 10 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 10 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

   From: "Sergei Egorov" <esl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
   Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 15:15:01 -0400

   I woud only suggest to read #,(...) as (hash-comma ...) and
   (define-syntax hash-comma (syntax-rules () ((_ ?x) (force (delay ?x)))).
   This would expose only one name to name capture -related hazards of
   read-macro expansion.

Good idea.  It would be better to have a name that reflected
the behavior rather than the syntax, just as , is `unquote' and
not `comma'.

   It's a pity that this form won't work inside quoted constants,
   though...

You can get something close by combining #, with quasiquote.
Just do

   #,`(a ,(foo b c) d)

instead of

   '(a #,(foo b c) d)

We could have #`x be a shorthand for (force (delay (quasiquote x))),
either instead of or in addition to #, .

                                     -Richard Kelsey