Re: SRFI naming

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI discuss from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI discuss contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

MJ> Michael Sperber [Mr.  Preprocessor] <sperber@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:
>> Yes, I did.  I'm sorry if I expressed myself poorly: I know what it's
>> supposed to mean, but I fail to see how it's easier to rememember than
>> the SRFI serial number.

MJ> Associated names are easier to remember than numbers.

We're going around in circles: Al is suggesting attaching variant
numbers to the names.

But the deeper issue is still the same: If the SRFI number doesn't
mean anything to you, include the title with it.

>> I still don't get it.  What's preventing you from using any name you like?

MJ> The lack of portable-across-implementation names, I guess.

What good are portable-across-implementation names if the module
system you're using them in isn't portable?  Once again, if you want
to "standardize" names, write up a document.  (As suggested in a part
of my email you deleted.)

--
Cheers =8-} Mike